Engineering, Technical, Geological and Scientific
Employing more than 130,000 people and contributing over $41 billion annually to the Australian economy, engineering continues to experience strong employment demand, requiring extensive education and training, life-time professional development as well as numerous areas of specialisation.
Engineering has traditionally been divided into chemical, civil, electrical and mechanical disciplines, however, the profession has changed over time to include sub-disciplines such as environmental, geomatic, mining and software. In recent years, the supply of engineers and technical professionals globally has grown rapidly due to skilled migration and an influx of university graduates.
Collectively, the science and geology industries in Australia employ over 80,000 people who generate more than $16 billion in revenue each year.
Science graduates are highly sought after due to the broad range of skills they possess, which include technical skills, problem solving skills and effective communication skills. Science professionals are able to work across a range of industries, including agriculture, primary industries, food processing, education, information technology and community services.
Geologists are a dominant professional group in the mining industry, which is a vital component of the global economy, contributing to national income, exports and employment. The Geological and Minerals industry employs a diverse range of graduates and professionals with qualifications in science, engineering business and commerce.
HMC search and selection assignments for engineering, technical, geological and scientific professionals have included:
- Chief Mining Engineer – MIM Holdings
- Civil Engineer – Robina Land Corporation
- Divisional Engineer – Australian Cement and Concrete Association
- Electrical Engineer – MIM Holdings
- Engineering Manager Mine Maintenance – Blair Athol
- Engineering Manager – Smiths Snackfood Company
- Engineering Manager – Riverside Marine
- Engineering Manager – Weda Bay Minerals
- Exploration Manager – Oz Uranium
- Geologist – Allied Queensland Coalfields
- Geology Manager – Metallica Minerals
- Manager Environmental Services – Australian Laboratory Services
- Mechanical Engineer – MIM Holdings
- Power Station Manager – ERM Power Limited
- Senior Mining Engineer – Allied Queensland Coalfields
- Senior Mining Engineer – MIM Holdings