Fundraising and Development
Fundraising, otherwise known as Development (although purists will advocate a clear distinction), is the process of securing donations of money and other resources from individuals and organisations.
Fundraising is usually the dominant method utilised by non-profit organisations to generate funding for their operations. These operations may involve various pursuits such as religious or philanthropic groups, research organisations, charity groups, political campaigns and environmental concerns.
Fundraising and Development professionals develop and implement fundraising strategy and deliver fundraising programs relating to individual donors, corporate donors, grants, philanthropic foundations and corporate giving.
HMC search and selection assignments for fundraising and development professionals have included:
- Art Union Manager – Asthma Foundation Queensland
- Chief Executive – Royal Brisbane Hospital Research Foundation
- Chief Executive – Australian Red Cross, Queensland
- Chief Executive – Asthma Foundation Queensland
- Corporate Fundraising Officer – Asthma Foundation Queensland
- Development Manager – Lyric Opera Queensland
- Development Manager – Port of Brisbane Corporation
- Foundation Director – State Library of Queensland
- Fundraiser – St Andrews Uniting Church
- Fundraising Director – Queensland Cancer Fund
- Fundraising Officer – Royal Brisbane Hospital Research Foundation
- Fundraising Officer – University of Queensland
- Manager, Griffith University Fund – Griffith University
- Marketing Development Manager – Brisbane Biennial
- Marketing and Development Manager – Asthma Foundation Queensland
- National Director – Create Foundation
- Senior Development Executive – Birch Carroll and Coyle