Legal, IT and Corporate Services
Employing more than 100,000 people nationally, Australia’s legal, IT and corporate services sector generates yearly revenues in excess of $23 billion.
Organisations seek legal, IT and corporate services professionals who are well rounded with great technical skills and the ability to develop and build meaningful business relationships.
Since the 1980s in-house legal and corporate services staff have become increasingly prominent in many organisations, often directly advising the board of directors and executive management in place of external lawyers.
General Counsel are now often among the most highly paid executives of large organisations, with broad roles encompassing crisis management, compliance reporting and advocacy. Many companies also employ in-house legal professionals to manage specialised requirements such as tax, mergers and acquisitions, employment law and intellectual property.
HMC search and selection assignments for legal, IT and corporate services professionals have included:
- Construction Partner – Tresscox Lawyers
- Corporate Counsel – QC Resource Investments
- Corporate Partner – Tresscox Lawyers
- Corporate Services Director – Redland Shire Council
- Head of Information Technology – MIM Holdings
- Intellectual Property Partner – Tresscox Lawyers
- Commercial Solicitor – McCullough Robertson
- Insurance Solicitor – Power and Power
- Solicitor – Cleary & Hoare
- Solicitor – Corrs Chambers Westgarth
- Solicitor for Prosecutions – Qld Dept of Attorney General