Australia is the 9th largest producer of agricultural commodities in the world. Australia’s 130,000 agribusinesses contribute $50 billion to the Australian economy and have a strong track record in attracting international investment throughout the agricultural supply chain.
With a total revenue of $238 billion and strong annual growth, agribusiness has the strongest competitive advantage for Australia’s economic outlook, compared with all sectors in the Australian economy.
Despite employing more than 570,000 people, Australian universities have identified a skills shortage in the agribusiness sector, with only 300 agricultural students graduating with a degree each year, forcing them to focus on raising awareness of the interesting and rewarding opportunities available within the sector.
HMC assignments in the agribusiness sector have included:
- Business Development Manager – Grainco Limited
- Chief Executive – Royal National Association
- Chief Executive – Golden Circle
- Chief Executive – Buderim Ginger Limited
- Company Secretary – Queensland Cotton
- Economist – Australian Sugar Milling Council
- Engineering Manager – Benmic Industries
- General Manager Sales – Golden Circle
- General Manager OJC – Golden Circle
- General Manager – Queensland Timber Board
- General Manager – Benmic Industries
- Marketing Manager – Incitec
- Marketing and Public Relations Manager – Sunshine Plantation
- Tours and Personnel Manager – Sunshine Plantation