Australia is home to a wide range of creative arts and industries, from world-class films, visual and performing arts, to publishing and the games industry, contributing $31 billion to Australia’s economy each year.
Employing 438,000 people, Australia’s arts, culture and entertainment community also plays a key role in the education, training and development of future leaders across all arts and creative industries. In future, significant investment in education, skills and training will continue to be a focus area for the industry to increase Australia’s creative talent capacity and adapt to future challenges.
HMC assignments in the Arts sector have included:
- Chief Executive – The Queensland Orchestra
- Chief Executive – Queensland Music Festival
- Chief Executive – Screen Queensland
- Communications Manager – Screen Queensland
- Director Music and Performing Arts – Central Queensland University
- Artistic Director – Queensland Music Festival
- Artistic Director – Queensland Theatre Company
- General Manager – Queensland Theatre Company
- Marketing Development Manager – Brisbane Biennial
- Executive Director – City of Brisbane Arts and Environment
- Development Manager – Lyric Opera of Queensland
- Secretary – Queensland Performing Arts Trust