Not for Profit
Home to some of the world’s most recognisable charitable organisations, the Australian not-for-profit (NFP) sector is made up of approximately 600,000 organisations servicing a range of activities. These include health and social services, education, sport and recreation, arts and culture, environment, animal welfare, human rights and religious practices.
Contributing more than $43 billion to Australia’s gross domestic product, the not-for-profit sector has seen a growing demand for innovation to reduce operational costs and find efficient ways of supporting their causes and activities.
According to a 2010 ABS study, more than 6.1 million Australians work as volunteers across the country, supported by $5.1 billion in donations and more than $25 billion in direct Government funding.
HMC assignments in the not for profit sector have included:
- Artistic Director – Queensland Theatre Company
- Brand Manager, Community & Sponsorship – Australian Institute of Management
- Chief Executive Officer – Asthma Foundation of Queensland
- Chief Executive Officer – Queensland Orchestras Pty Ltd
- Chief Executive Officer – Royal National Association
- Chief Financial Officer – Uniting Church Queensland Synod
- Development Manager – Lyric Opera of Queensland
- Event Coordinator – Australian Institute of Management
- Finance Manager – Asthma Foundation of Queensland
- Financial Accountant – Australian Institute of Management
- Foundation Director – State Library of Queensland
- Fundraising Director – Queensland Cancer Fund
- General Manager, Sales & Marketing – Australian Institute of Management
- General Manager – Queensland Theatre Company
- Membership Service Manager – Australian Institute of Management
- Manager, Human Services – Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Art Union Manager – Asthma Foundation of Queensland
- Marketing & Development Manager – Australian Institute of Management
- National Director – Create Foundation