Property and Real Estate
In 2014 Australia had the 14th fastest growing property market in the world, reporting an average growth of 6.8 per cent annually. After doubling its contribution to Australia’s gross domestic product in the last decade, property and real estate is now one of Australia’s largest industries – surpassing mining and financial services.
The industry, including property-related financial, professional and construction services, contributed $182.5 billion to the economy last financial year and is one of the country’s largest employers, directly employing 1.1 million people.
Indirectly, flow-on demand for goods and services contributed $462.2 billion to GDP last year and created further 1.54 million jobs, securing property as one of Australia’s most economically important industries.
According to the latest Foreign Investment Review Board Annual Report, the real estate sector had a significant increase in investment approvals last financial year – 23,428 versus 12,025 a year prior, with foreign investment taking up 44.6 per cent of the sector.
Looking ahead, property will continue to grow and provide new employment opportunities for Australians and investment opportunities for overseas investors.
HMC assignments in the property and real estate sector have included:
- Body Corporate Manager – Blocksidge and Ferguson
- Commercial Property Manager – Blocksidge and Ferguson
- Director Finance and Administration – Robina Land Corporation
- Financial Controller – Blocksidge and Ferguson
- Financial Accountant – Springfield Land Corporation
- General Manager, Operations – Community Management Corporation
- General Manager, Property – Port of Brisbane Corporation
- Manager, Residential Development – Robina Land Corporation
- Marketing and Public Relations Manager – Springfield Land Corporation
- Property Analyst – Q-Build Property Management
- Property Manager – Novak Tonkin
- Property Manager – South Bank Corporation
- Property Development Executive – Birch Carroll and Coyle
- Property Development Manager – South Bank Corporation
- Sales and Marketing Manager – Blocksidge and Ferguson
- Sales Investments Manager – Jones Lang Wootton
- Sales Manager – Robina Land Corporation